POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crash causes irritating I/O problem. : Re: Crash causes irritating I/O problem. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash causes irritating I/O problem.
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Jul 2005 17:07:19
Message: <42ed3d87$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>     XP does this when rebooting from a problem anyway,

Really? I've never had XP actually run a chkdsk just because of a
reboot, even a crash. It's supposed to just apply/roll back the
journal/log/whatever they call it.

I've often found that problems like this are caused by failing disk
sectors in places like the swap file. You might want to run a
"chkdsk /f /r" a couple times when the machine's otherwise mostly idle.

I've several times had a machine that was acting flakier and flakier
over the course of a week or two, then pop up a dialog saying "found a
bad sector in (important system structure), relocating" and had
everything start being smooth again.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "You shouldn't buy ice cream. It's bad